Domestic Smoke & Fire Alarms

Whether you are a Northern Ireland homeowner, or a landlord looking to safeguard your tenants, a smoke and fire alarm is necessary to keep tenants of a property safe. Landlords are required by law to have domestic smoke alarms and fire alarm systems hardwired and interlinked in all the properties that are habitable.

Guaranteeing buildings are safe for the people who use and access them is non-negotiable, and Lock Property Services install suitable smoke detectors, smoke alarms or fire alarms to your property.

Safety and quality assured

Lock Property Services will deliver the most up to date and sensible advice on the best alarm system to suit your properties with the latest EU and UK fire safety policies.

Outdoor Electrics

Many of us living in Northern Ireland want to make the most of our outdoor space and garages. To take full advantage of these spaces, electricity can help to light, heat and power these zones.

Lock Property Services install safe outside electrics.

If you require electricity running to the outside of your home, you can be sure that we will have the solutions. Including:

  • Electrical supply to garages
  • Lights for summer houses & sheds
  • Decorative garden lighting fitted
  • If you are planning a building or improvement project such as a new electric shower, Solar PV, an extension or an attic conversion and additional wiring and new circuits will need to be installed.
  • Outdoor plugs
  • Outdoor sockets
  • Outdoor lighting
  • Smoke detection units
  • Carbon monoxide detectors
  • Floodlights installed or repaired

Fuse Board/Fuse Box Upgrades

A property’s electrical system is managed, distributed, and protected by different types of consumer units. For your home’s electrical supply to be safe and work effectively, it is important that it is checked and replaced if needed.

Switching the consumer unit may also entail some further electrical work, to allow the installation to meet the standards set by the new wiring regulations.

Other problems that require attention include borrowed neutrals. This is where a neutral return path was not available and a link to another circuit has been made. Correcting this fault would, in many cases, require a new cable to be laid back to the consumer unit.


How do I know if I need my fuse box upgraded?

If your fuse box has a wooden back, cast iron switches or a mixture of fuses it is likely that it dates back to before the 1960’s and will need to be replaced. If you are planning a building or improvement project such as a new electric shower, Solar PV, an extension or an attic conversion and further wiring and new circuits will need to be fitted.

Do I need a replacement consumer unit?

A professionally installed & certified 17th edition consumer unit will improve your electrical safety. With the new 17th edition boards that come with dual RCDs or RCCBOs, you are guaranteed MAXIMUM safety for you and your friends and family.


Phone our emergency line to get assistance